Monday, March 18, 2013


     As you can see on March 17th the hair is still wet! I might just take a dryer to it. The hair is painted on very thickly..so we'll see. I have made progress but there is still a lot to be done.  Among other things...her skin needs attention...I want to put leaves in her hair as Mary Cassatt did in her painting. I have already added my own touches. I can't imagine an artist who would not be tempted to do so. My intention is not to copy her painting exactly anyway so it is fun to create some changes. I have also been working on some other painting as the same time. I think when you go away from the painting and then come back you come back with a fresh view and fresh ideas of how you would like different parts of the painting to look. Stay tuned for more progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment