Friday, March 1, 2013

WILLOW TREE




                                                      " Willow Tree" by Aleezah Selinger

 Willow Tree. I thought I would post one of my latest paintings which also happens to be a tree. This is a willow tree  that I spotted on a street close to my home. Unfortunately it was taken down by hurricane Sandy. I am so glad I got to record it's beauty. There are willow trees and then there are Willow Trees. My son also said he had taken notice of it when he past it. Before I painted the leaves and vines it really had a haunting quality to it...but now looking at it with it's graceful branches I can't imagine how I saw anything spooky about it. It's gracefully beautiful. It's painted in a very impressionistic style which is my style for every painting I do. I'll have to get back to my Mary Cassatt challenge! I'm very easily distracted because there is just so much to paint.

2 comments:

  1. this is stunning- I can see why you thought it was haunting but it really has a lovely grace about it and you can almost feel it swaying..b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the compliment and saying that you could almost feel it swaying. That's what I was going for. I'm crazy about Willow Trees. I'm also needlepointing one which may take a very long time since I use my time painting.
      Best,
      Aleezsh

      Delete